Monday, November 21, 2016
Peter J. Mucha, Dept. of Mathematics University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
I have no sports expertise. I give myself points for having tried many sports, even if I excelled at none of them. I might hold the record for lowest season batting average in my home town's little league. I like math. I like sports. Maybe I occasionally have something interesting to say in the intersection.
While having no experience in big time collegiate athletics, I am an enthusiastic participant and viewer of numerous sports, especially Ultimate, volleyball, spikeball, and soccer.
- ''Mutually-antagonistic interactions in baseball networks,'' S. Saavedra, S. Powers, T. McCotter, M. A. Porter and P. J. Mucha, Physica A 389, 1131-1141 (2010).
- ''Random Walker Ranking for NCAA Division I-A Football,'' T. Callaghan, M. A. Porter and P. J. Mucha, American Mathematical Monthly, 114, 761-777 (2007) [arXiv:physics/0310148].
- ''The Bowl Championship Series: A Mathematical Review,'' T. Callaghan, P. J. Mucha and M. A. Porter, Notices of the American Mathematical Society 51, 887-893 (2004).
- College Football Ranking Comparison
- Peter Wolfe's site
- Sci/Tech - Google News
- Sports - Google News
- The Fifth Down
- Advanced NFL Stats
- Harvard Sports Analysis Collective
- Quantum Chaotic Thoughts
- Rankings thru November 12, 2016
- Rankings thru November 5, 2016
- Rankings through October 29, 2016
- Final Rankings 2015
- Bowl Game Predictions and Confidence Rankings
- Final Regular Season Rankings for 2015
- Rankings through November 28, 2015
- Rankings through November 21, 2015
- Rankings through November 14, 2015
- Rankings through November 7, 2015
Image at top of sidebar taken from ESPN The Magazine article about our work (issue dated Nov. 10, 2003).
Copyright © 2003-2011 Peter J. Mucha, 2012-2017 Thomas Callaghan. This blog is neither a publication of the University of North Carolina (UNC) nor Georgia Institute of Technology (GT), where this work began. Neither UNC nor GT are responsible for editing or examining its content. The authors of this blog are solely responsible for the content of, and retains all rights to any and all materials created for these pages.