Monday, December 8, 2008

Boise State got robbed

I know this isn't the first time that a BCS at-large bid went differently from the rankings. And since I've been predicting for weeks that this would happen, you'd think I'd be stoic about it. But I love cheering for the proverbial little guy. And I not-so-secretly hoped I was wrong all these weeks predicting that Boise State would be left out of the BCS bowl picture. But the Poinsettia Bowl?!? The team that ended 9th in the final Standings (8th in the computers, 9th in both polls), and who, just as a by the way, gave us perhaps the greatest ending to a bowl game in recent history (some people say ever; so don't tell me or OU that Boise State can't play with the big boys), has to go to the Poinsettia Bowl? Meanwhile, Ohio State (11th in the computers, 10th in the polls, and 10th overall) plays in the Fiesta Bowl. This is fair? I don't think so. Maybe enough people will complain about this that it will force (yet another) change to the rules about BCS at-large bids.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home